Thank you for your continued support of VIVE Cosmos. We are working on solutions to ensure you have the best VR experience possible.
The Vive Cosmos Beta has been updated to v1.0.7 as of 10.24.19 via the Vive Console’s beta release program. You can refer here if you wish to join the Beta program.
Below you’ll find detailed information on the latest software update.
VIVE Cosmos 1.0.7 – Beta Release Notes
- Improved low light tracking, with better prediction during fast movements.
- Reduced tracking jitter when using Vive Wireless Adapter.
- Improved low light tracking stability. The minimum brightness requirement for reliable tracking is now 60% lower.
- Improved high brightness tracking stability. The controllers will now track much better against a bright background, such as windows and studio lights.
- Improved prediction models for the case when a controller exits the headset’s FOV.
- Positional recovery is now faster and more accurate when returning into the headset’s FOV.
- Improved near HMD tracking, up to 10 cm/4 in from the HMD.
- Improved slow movement occlusion tracking prediction, which will help with content where the controllers are frequently occluding one another.
- Improved the tracking algorithm to be better at ignoring other Cosmos controllers and patterns that may resemble the Cosmos controller, especially when the connected pair are out of the headset’s FOV.
*We will be continuously improving all aspects of the tracking algorithm in future updates.
- Fixed Error Code 210 runtime bug.
- Error Code 210 on MSI laptops identified. Affected users should reach out to MSI Technical Support to get an updated new V-BIOS.
- Fixed a bug with the play area boundary transparency settings and fine-tuned its appearance behavior.
- Optimized the camera passthrough vignetting to better align and render safety boundaries.
- Added error logging and troubleshooting for SteamVR compositor crashes, installation path and cases involving Safe Mode.
- Improved mapping of error codes for edge case situations.
- Optimized tracking pose prediction to improve visual experience.
- Resolved an issue where the IPD display would sometimes show when the HMD was moving quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the DisplayPort connection errors would pop up before the connection had time to stabilize.
- Added Beta Release Notes and a link to all VIVE Cosmos Release Notes.
- Fixed registry issues caused by switching Windows accounts and installation changes.
OOBE & Room Setup
- Fixed a bug where a transparent window would appear during setup when the HMD was connected.
- Fixed a bug where UI elements and Russian fonts were displayed incorrectly at 4K monitor resolution.
- Improved the animation explaining how to put on the HMD during setup and updated the Cosmos Setup shortcut icon.
- Updated and improved the animations and instructions for Room Setup.
- Improved the accuracy of the Cosmos-compatible filtering behavior.
- The Lens will no longer prevent launching of incompatible or unoptimized Cosmos titles from your Library. Instead, a warning icon will be displayed on top of thumbnails for titles that may not be compatible with Cosmos. However, it will launch properly.
- Added “New Releases” store carousel on the VIVEPORT page.
- Added support for limited-time trial content and ability to correctly indicate its access permissions.
- Added language support for Italian and Russian.
- Fixed bugs with French voice output.
You can provide feedback and discuss the update over in our forums.
For information on the previous v 1.0.5 update click here.