The Oculus Link beta has finally arrived and we’re excited to welcome Quest owners to the Viveport Infinity community!
With Infinity, Quest owners have unlimited access to hundreds of Oculus Rift compatible games, apps and videos, all at an accessible price ($12.99/month or less with a prepaid annual plan). From VR classics like SUPERHOT VR to new releases such as Dr: Who: The Edge of Time, Infinity is your jumping-off point to discover your favorites and play them as much as you like.
Check out our step-by-step guide below find out how to use your Quest with Viveport Infinity.
Step One: Start setting up your Oculus Link Beta
- Open the Oculus desktop app. *Make sure your Quest’s firmware is updated to version 11.0 or greater
- Go to Settings > General > Unknown Sources to enable 3rd party sources
- Go to Devices on the menu bar and add “Quest” as your headset
- Connect your Quest to your PC via USB-C cable
- Click “Enable” during the Oculus Link prompt in headset
- Congrats! You are all set
Step Two: Download Viveport (please skip to Step Three if you already have an account)
Download the Viveport desktop app
During Installation, you will be prompted to:
- Log into a Viveport account (or create a new account if you’re joining us for the first time).
- Install SteamVR (this occurs automatically, but you may be asked to sign in to your Steam account).
- Launch Viveport from the desktop shortcut
- Sign-up and start your free 14-day trial to Infinity giving you to access hundreds of Oculus compatible desktop titles.
Step Three: Discover
From the Viveport homepage, select “Featured for Oculus Rift” to filter for Oculus compatible content.
Step Four: Play
Pick and play your favorites! Once you launch a game, SteamVR will launch, followed shortly by your selected application. Note that you’ll be able to launch content via a mouse or keyboard or via Quest’s Virtual Desktop feature.
Browse our library and start your Infinity trial today!
*Please note that Oculus Link is still in beta and therefore these above steps may be subject to change.